We are looking for a talented Accounts Senior who is creative, ambitious, curious, passionate, trustworthy and articulate. For us at StarBox, it’s not just about the numbers, it’s about engaging with our new media entrepreneur clients and helping them to keep their finances simple.
What can we offer you?
- Exciting chance to work with high-profile media, entertainment and sporting clients Opportunity to progress your skills and experience in a supportive environment
- Hybrid working. Office days can be from our Worthing or Brighton offices
- Agile working hours and space
- Relaxed ‘Dress for your Day’ policy
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan scheme
- Lifestyle Hub where you receive discounts for online and high-street stores
- Employee Assistance Program with additional well-being benefits
- Employee Referral Program
- Death in Service and associated benefits
- 4% employer pension contributions
What the role would include:
- Providing a premium support accounts service
- Pro-actively assisting in the maintenance of current client relationships
- Conducting accounts work, including preparing accounts, business tax returns, self-assessments and VAT returns.
- Providing weekly, clear and prompt communication to Managers in relation to timescales and deliverability of assignments.
- Working as part of a small team
Apply now if you are:
- Interested in working with our new media entrepreneurs
- ACCA, ACA full or part qualified, or have at least 2 years experience working in a relevant accounts’ role
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience preparing financial accounts, ideally within an Accountancy Practice
- A knowledge of various software packages
- Ambitious, curious and passionate about what you do and have strong communication and teamwork skills
- Organised, enthusiastic and self-motivated
If you have experience in cloud accounting software and knowledge of payroll and company secretarial matters, would be an advantage.
At StarBox, we recognise the positive value of diversity and promote equality. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or gender, particularly those underrepresented throughout the finance and accounting industry.
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we believe that flexibility at work can provide many significant benefits both to our colleagues and the business. We already work in a hybrid style across all offices and can support different ways of working. If you are interested and have any requirements or needs in the way you would like to work, please apply, and speak to us about this. We will consider flexible options for applicants.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit your CV along with a cover letter that highlights why you want to be part of the StarBox team and what experience and qualities you can bring to the role.